Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Gaming Night

Ever since I bought a smart phone, I started taking pictures of my regular Tuesday night gaming club events.  This is the first time I'm actually posting any pictures from one though.

I went to the April 21st gaming night hoping to have a practice run of my X-Com game for Mayday.  However, it looked like everyone was occupied with a game already, so I just joined an "All Quiet on the Martian Front" game, also being prepped for Mayday.

The game has an excellent sci-fi premise of the Martians from H. G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" coming back for another round during the time of WWI.  The humans have various type of primitive tanks, along with giant "land ironclads", and the Martians have their classic tripods in a variety of flavours.

The scenario we played centered around an American land ironclad getting attacked by a large group of Martians, along with other human reinforcements thrown into the mix.  The land ironclad is a huge resin model that dominated the table.  Unfortunately it didn't hit much due to bad dice rolls.

In this picture a group of rough riders - overly brave motorized chaps - tried to immobilize a Martian tripod with grappling hooks.  They succeeded too!

Here, massed tanks attack tripods on the Martian flank.

The game was extremely colourful, and I can't wait to play it again at Mayday.


There were a few other games running, including Kevin and Elliott playing the new Star Wars Armada game.  It looked really good.  I think Dave was running a DBA game, and there was a CCA game being played too.

Overall, it was a pretty good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment