Friday, July 16, 2021

More Stargrave Crew Minis

I've painted a few more miniatures for Stargrave, with all of them 3D printed using my FDM printer. After the terrain and creatures from last time, I went back to crew members, and finished up the captain and first mate for my first crew.

This miniature is again from Papsikels' excellent line-up, and it's a much more dynamic version of the "witcher" miniature I had shown here previously. However, my FDM printer simply couldn't do it justice, and pieces were not printed properly. I fixed up the miniature by attaching some Warhammer Fantasy bits, which many reading this will probably recognize. 

This is a nice sized miniature, and represents a pretty imposing tall man. I'll be using him as my captain.

For an FDM printer, this print was very successful and preserved a lot of the detail. This close-up really shows it.

This is also from Papsikels, and is supposed to be a "cyber sorceress". I think she is inspired by another character from the Witcher series. The mechanical bird drone is supposed to be a "cyber crow", but I painted it in a much brighter colour to make it stand out.

There is also a stand-alone version of the bird drone, and I'll be using it as a drone in Stargrave, which looks quite useful according to the rules, with the sorceress as my first mate.


I also painted a few Aliens-style "face-huggers" that I found on Thingiverse. These creatures can represent mind grippers, a type of dangerous random enemy from the Stargrave bestiary.

Since my old resin 3D printer died, and I was never satisfied with my FDM printer's ability to produce miniatures, I ended up buying another resin 3D printer. However, it's kept at someone else's house due to my wife having allergy issues with resin. I'll be showing painted results from that machine here soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment