Saturday, July 24, 2021

Codebreaker and Casecracker

I've completed another couple of miniatures for my Stargrave crew. As I said last time, I bought a resin 3D printer (Elegoo Mars Pro), and I've been printing some miniatures out of that.

This is the first miniature from the new printer that I've painted. Again, this is from the excellent Papsikels store, and is the Cyberpunk version of a character from the Witcher series. This resin miniature was much easier to prepare and paint than FDM miniatures, as expected. The face area, especially, retains far more detail.

This particular mini is quite slim compared to others from the same line. I plan on using her as a hacker or codebreaker in Stargrave.

This is an FDM miniature I prepared and primed a while ago, and is one of the many excellent miniatures from the Ignis Quadrant Kickstarter. Since this is a space dwarf mechanic, I'll be using him as a chiseler or casecracker.

An interesting contrast of proportions here, but it's science fiction, so you can get all body types.
I've been printing quite a few items from the new printer, and I'll be showcasing them as I get through my paint queue.


No comments:

Post a Comment