I finished some of my long-running Epic Tyranid projects, but it only reminded me of how much more I have to go.
These are the flying component of the army, 12 stands of gargoyles and 2 harridans.
These are the harridans from previous posts that I built out of 40k bits. The colour scheme is based on my old 40k Tyranid army.
These are the command/synapse stands I have so far, 10 stands of warriors and 4 zoanthropes, again converted from 40k bits.
These zoanthropes are made from rippers and Tyranid warrior heads, to give an impression of giant floating brains. They're quite a bit larger proportionally that what they should be compared to the other Epic miniatures, but they're around the same size as the original GW Epic zoanthropes with legs.
Some of the cannon fodder, 20 bases of termagants. The zoanthrope shows the size of my converted miniature.
I don't have nearly enough original GW termagants for a proper Tyranid army, but I do have some of Onslaught Miniatures' proxy bugs that can be used as a substitute. This is a comparison with GW plastic termagants on the left and Onslaught stalkers on the right. The Onslaught minis are quite a bit smaller, but they should fill the need in separate units.
This is my Epic Tyranid kanban board as it stands at the end of the year. With the above units near completion, I still have a ways to go for the rest of the army, mostly larger models.
To everyone reading this, have a great New Year! Happy painting!