Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Few More Painted 3D Prints

To follow up on my previous post, I painted up some more items from my first batch of 3D printed small sci-fi miniatures.

These are the power armour troops from Titan Forge that I showed in a previous post. Because of the bulkiness of the miniatures, they painted up well while still retaining a decent amount of detail. The interesting thing is that the middle miniature with two pistols was primed without my varnish treatment! If you look very closely, it has more print lines visible than the other two, but not by much.

Here is a close-up of the right side of that miniature.

One problem I did have was with supports. Because of the amount of supports, the back of the miniature with two pistols had a "melted" look, as you can see on the left. For the other miniatures, I oriented them enough to minimize supports, and the details look quite a bit sharper, on the right.

Here is a size comparison with my previous cyberpunk character in regular clothes. The power armour is suitably imposing.

I also painted up a couple of spherical sentry drones, which are from the Novus Landing Kickstarter and came as a free addition. They are nice and quick to paint, and Stargrave apparently has rules and scenarios for drones.

Here is a size comparison with all of these side by side.

I still have quite a few more miniatures in the queue, including figures from the Novus Landing system that are designed to be support-free. I'll put them up as soon as I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment